"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

Are you living the abundant, joy filled life of freedom God intended for you or do you live a life driven and fueled by fear and worry? I invite you to join me as I learn to walk in the freedom that God has given me as His child.


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stepping Out

Sometimes as a stay at home mom, life seems to be filled with the mundane.  My heart gets that the daily tasks I do of caring and nurturing my brood, is of eternal significance and is no small task, but for the most part my day is filled with cleaning up messes, mediating squabbles, sorting, washing, folding, and putting away, over and over and over.  It is easy for my head to become discontent with the daily hum drum of life and long to be living a more exciting and exotic life.  In reality, I have settled for mundane.  I've rested in the comfort of it all and have resisted, out of laziness and fear, a life of passionate pursuits.  Sure I can blame it on exhaustion, but the truth would be it is more convenient to settle for good enough, than to pursue excellence and passion in the daily tasks, He has set before me.  In settling, I've fallen into the trap of just getting by and surviving.  I've become complacent in most all areas of my life. Complacent can be comforting and require minimum effort,  and let's face it when it comes to difficult and hard, I am a wimp.  God has a purpose and plan for me and that purpose does not include complacency.  He has been stirring my spirit for some time, opening my eyes to the abundant blessings I'm immersed in as it contrasts to those suffering around me.  He has been weaving connections across the states and the nations.  He has a plan that He is unfolding.  A plan that requires me to give my all in the here and now, as I raise my brood and prepare for that which is to come.  This plan requires stepping out in faith...trusting Him...embracing the difficulties and trials that it will bring...doing something that is so far outside my comfort zone that I feel my fear will clobber my faith before I take the first step.    I really want to crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head and hide from the call, akin to how Jonah responded, but my heart longs to obey, despite the weakness of my flesh.  In obedience I am stepping out in faith, responding to the call....I will be sharing more as His plan continues to unfold.

No comments: